Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, June 3, 2016

My first ever crochet cap

I made this little hat to match the poncho I made for my great-niece.   The colour is best in the top pic. I didn't have a pattern, so I just went let the crochet hook lead the way.  It took me about three hours - and that did include some pulling out and restitching time.  I used two strands of the 8 ply wool, as one strand didn't seem firm enough. Of course, it would have been sensible to get some measurements from Annabelle's mum before I started working on it - hindsight is a wonderful thing! I do hope it fits. Though if it doesn't, it's no problem to pull it out and start again - that's the real beauty of crochet!










3 comments:

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Absolutely wonderful

Brigitte said...

It turned out so great. What a lovely companion piece.

Irmeli said...

Beautiful gift for your little one.