Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

More of my Christmas kitchen

I spent last night in the kitchen making a huge batch of gingerbread, supervised by Miss Maddie.

While it might look as if she's sleeping on the job, let me assure you that it's all an act.  When I tried to leave the room for two seconds to fetch some cellophane bags she was awake and barking loudly, letting me know I was breaking her rule that at all times she has to have a human (preferably me) available within clear sight.

Here's a pic of some of my gingerbread babies:
They're all packed up now in cellophane bags, and waiting for my sister to pick them up.  She ordered 17 bags of ten gingerbread babies to give to work colleagues - that's why I was in the kitchen all evening!

And here's a pic of that kitchen corner without the gingerbread.  The Christmas cake under the dome is a family tradition.  My brother-in-law makes them each year using his Irish mother's recipe.  It is super yummy, dark and full of fruit, and given the chance will last all year (mine never has!)



Here's a pic of the windowsill which houses my collection of salt and pepper pots.

and a close-up of the salt and peppers:

I'll be back again with more kitchen pics later.

No comments: